Sunday, January 24, 2010

Slacking

WOW! It's been a while since I posted anything!
Quite a bit has happened since my last post. My family and I are getting close to buying our first home. While we originally wanted out first place to be a mostly self-sufficient farm/homestead, it looks like we will have to work up to that. The original intent of this blog was to be a log of our moving from apartment to homestead but I realized that even though I am ready, my family may not quite be ready to live totally self-sufficient. That and the fact that, for a while at least, I will have to work a regular job to supplement us until we are able to be totally self-sufficient. Yes, all of that crossed my mind in the beginning but I just didn't want to pay attention. While we will eventually be there, it's just going to take more time.
As I said, we are at least finally close to buying a house out of the city. It's a start! The realator, the lender and the guy helping get my credit on track all say that we should be in our own place by end of May.
I have always been proud of the fact that at 37 years old, I have never had credit cards, never had a car payment, never filed for bankruptcy(not downing those that have), never needed credit. Well, when you need a loan to buy a house.....having no credit is BAD! It's worse than bad credit!
Anyway, Things are looking up, and becoming a first-time home-owner at 37(I guess I'm a late bloomer. LOL) is close to becoming reality.
As always, I am open to ideas, suggestions and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment